Job Title:Operations Assistant NF-2
Department:Department of the ArmyJob Announcement Number:SCNAFBK151449370
Agency:Army Installation Management Command
Agency:Army Installation Management Command
|$8.98 to $17.11 / Per Hour|
|Friday, July 3, 2015 to Wednesday, July 8, 2015|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Intermittent - Intermittent|
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
WHO MAY APPLY:
|US Citizens and Non Citizens|
|Public Trust - Background Investigation|
Note: Additional vacancies and selections may occur within 90 days of announcement closing date.
*In order to receive consideration for this position, please ensure to submit ALL required documents indicated in the Required Document Section.*
Redstone Arsenal Family and MWR (FMWR) has many award winning services available such as recreation, sports and fitness, child youth and school services, golf, bowling, club, arts and crafts, a library and much, much more! Redstone Arsenal FMWR strive to be your "First Choice" for all quality of life services. As a member of our FMWR Team, you and your immediate family members are entitled to utilize all FMWR Facilities and Services.
Serve as an Operations Assistant for Redstone Lanes that features 32 bowling lanes with AMF automatic scorers and pinsetters, bumper bowling for the kids, extreme bowling is offered the first and third Saturday of each month. League bowling is offered year round. The bowling center also encompasses a Strike Zone Restaurant and Brooklyn's Sports Bar, where you can shoot pool, throw darts on the electronic dart game, and watch your favorite sporting event on one of our many televisions; a state of the art arcade room with the most modern amusement machines; and three banquet rooms for parties or meetings.
"Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience."
- Not Required
- Direct Deposit is required
- Social Security card is required
- Assists management with the operation of facility in accordance with established procedures. Issues, receives and controls cash receipts and change funds; verifies cash count of funds turned in by cashiers. Determines cash shortage or overages.
- Assures only authorized patrons utilize the facilities. Submits daily report of operations. Assists in setting up parties according to party plan. May assist bartenders in setting up bars and/or cashier?s bag. Completes Daily Activity Report. Completes fire safety checks and secures the facility.
- May monitor inventories, place and receive food and beverage orders using Food track or similar software.
- Possess work experience with the accountability in the receipt, disbursement, examination, deposit, custody or other processing of cash items. Duties covered a more progressive level of cash handling.
- Must be 21 years of age or will be 21 years of age at time of announcement closing date.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 20 pounds.
- Provide customer service to patrons.
- Ability to communicate orally in an effective manner.
**Best Qualifier**6. Possess 6 months cash handling experience.
Conditions of Employment:
- You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
- E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" system. Federal Law requires DHS to use the E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires, and obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system as a condition of continued employment. The U.S. Department of Army is an E-Verify Participant.
- All required background checks of AR 215-3 must be successfully completed and maintained to include a health assessment if required by vacant position.
- Social Security Card must be presented at time of appointment.
- If selected for this position, DA Form 3433-1 (Supplemental Application Form) must be completed during pre-employment screening.